How do I get this to "run"?

Mar 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I know it's not a functional module, per se. But I was interested in seeing how you did the PersonListDashboard, so I copied the files over to my source enlistment of Orchard, added the project, built it, then ran my Orchard instance. In Admin>Modules I see the module's features: 1) Training Demo and Training Demo Contents are listed under "Demo" category, and 2) Training Demo is listed under "Uncategorized". Enabling all of those does nothing that I can see (i.e., no corresponding menu in Admin). Also, when I look at the Orchard.sdf file I see no corresponding tables were set up at all.

Sorry if I am missing something obvious. Should I have just created a new module using codegen and then copied over the class and view files?

Using 1.6
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM
There are multiple issues with this, e.g. both features should be under the "Demo" category. Probably all this is because you haven't placed the module in a folder named as the module (and this wasn't documented anywhere). I added some info to the documentation, please ready it, try it out and tell if you still have problems.
Mar 6, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Thanks, that got it sorted.

Appreciate the module. I've been learning a lot from it. Good to have everything explained in one place. Maybe a link in the Orchard Docs would benefit all.
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Great to hear! If you'd like to see a link in the Docs you could fork the docs repo and add a link somewhere ;-).